Fiber reinforcement will usually take the place of standard welded wire fabric but will not replace any required rebar.
The plastic underneath is to keep moisture from entering the concrete from below. If you want a dry floor the plastic will help. To insure it does stay dry you should also use a stone base under the slab.
The plastic will also help maintain the moisture level in the concrete as it cures resulting in stronger concrete. A layer of plastic should also be placed on top of the concrete as soon as it is finished and left in place for 30 days for the same reason.
[This message has been edited by Glenn Good (edited September 19, 2003).]
I would suggest you use a stone base and 6-mil polyethylene vapor barrier though to keep moisture out of the floor to help prevent rusting at the base of your equipment.
PS In case anyone is wondering, I recently changed my screen name. It was formerly GlennG.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 11 Ways to Dress Up Your Dresser
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Make Your Own Bookcase: 10 DIY Designs