Concrete floor sealants
would be appreciated. Clear sealer seems like it would be easier to apply but I've no idea which material is more durable, provides better traction, is low maintenance and resist stains from oil better, etc. Thanks for you help.
A clear sealer will work fine but use a high quality brand. It will require at least 3 coats to obtain a good durable seal. This sealer will NOT be antiskid and could be slippery when wet.
Olympic makes a silicone based sealer that penetrates into the concrete. I have used it on a recent project but I am unsure of the durability factor. It leaves the concrete looking as though it is unsealed and therefore the surface is ‚Äúsomewhat‚Äù skid resistant. It seams to repeal water fairly well but I am unsure of its ability to withstand staining.
For a better finish use 2-part epoxy paint along with an antiskid additive like crushed walnut shells. This will provide a very durable surface that is antiskid and stain and chemical resistant. The only drawback is that most epoxy paints do not handle UV radiation well, so if you plan to leave your garage door open for extended lengths of time leaving the floor exposed to direct sunlight you may want to check with the manufacturer first. We use this finish on many commercial shop floors and garage floors.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes