Purpose of crawlspace ?
A slab can be better for radiant heat in slab. Some places concrete finishers are hard to find. Some places require deeper footings, Some people prefer the comfort of a wood framed floor. Cost can enter the mix.
We both live in western chicago suburbs, in towns 20 miles apart. Both neighborhoods have trilevels, and ranch style homes primarily. My house was built in 1976 and his late 1960's. All homes in his subdivision have crawl spaces, mine slabs. The crawl space is creepy to me, there are animals in there. The slab seems so much ... nicer. Thanks, Joan
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight