Purpose of crawlspace ?
A slab can be better for radiant heat in slab. Some places concrete finishers are hard to find. Some places require deeper footings, Some people prefer the comfort of a wood framed floor. Cost can enter the mix.
We both live in western chicago suburbs, in towns 20 miles apart. Both neighborhoods have trilevels, and ranch style homes primarily. My house was built in 1976 and his late 1960's. All homes in his subdivision have crawl spaces, mine slabs. The crawl space is creepy to me, there are animals in there. The slab seems so much ... nicer. Thanks, Joan
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!