building with concrete
an old trampolene. I want to know what I have to do, or even if it is possible to
cover the greenhouse with concrete to turn it
into a studio. I have never worked with this
form of building and am not sure what to do.
Do I need to reinforce the frame, do I need
to take the plastic covering off, or just
cover it with rebar and cement?
There is a fairly new type of lightweight concrete that contains some styrofoam beads to make it lighter and can be sprayed on over the rebars to the required thickness that may be better suited to what you are doing. This would reduce the amount of bracing required.
There are also other materials that can by sprayed on to create a room that do not contain concrete but are instead made of an expanding foam. The foam can have a hard shell sprayed over it after it is cured.
Filling basement window with concrete
Help!Foam blocks filled with concrete
building a retaining wall with pressure treated wood
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!