Hello, I am currently building a new construction home; Our builder has already finished with the frame of the house, along with the walls and siding. Our foundation is the grey cinder blocks. Not much shows at the bottom of the house, about a couple of feet from the gound to the siding. The contractor was planning on painting the brick the same color as our siding, but our Subdivision owners have all of the sudden come up to us telling us we must have brick as the outside foundation (even though it doesn't say that in our covent, but that is another story) so my problem is if we use a brick venier on the outside, then about 3" of the brick would hang over. My builder suggested us looking into composite brick, he said it is man made and is smaller and may work better and may be cheaper, but he hasn't never seen it, he has just heard about it. Has anyone seen this before or know where a good place to research it. Thanks, Ron Mc.
One other thing about the composite brick, Our contractor said it was a type of brick that you use silcone to place them together like tile, then maybe use mortor to give it the real brick look, Thanks, Ron.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!