Hello, I am currently building a new construction home; Our builder has already finished with the frame of the house, along with the walls and siding. Our foundation is the grey cinder blocks. Not much shows at the bottom of the house, about a couple of feet from the gound to the siding. The contractor was planning on painting the brick the same color as our siding, but our Subdivision owners have all of the sudden come up to us telling us we must have brick as the outside foundation (even though it doesn't say that in our covent, but that is another story) so my problem is if we use a brick venier on the outside, then about 3" of the brick would hang over. My builder suggested us looking into composite brick, he said it is man made and is smaller and may work better and may be cheaper, but he hasn't never seen it, he has just heard about it. Has anyone seen this before or know where a good place to research it. Thanks, Ron Mc.
One other thing about the composite brick, Our contractor said it was a type of brick that you use silcone to place them together like tile, then maybe use mortor to give it the real brick look, Thanks, Ron.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight