Hello, I am currently building a new construction home; Our builder has already finished with the frame of the house, along with the walls and siding. Our foundation is the grey cinder blocks. Not much shows at the bottom of the house, about a couple of feet from the gound to the siding. The contractor was planning on painting the brick the same color as our siding, but our Subdivision owners have all of the sudden come up to us telling us we must have brick as the outside foundation (even though it doesn't say that in our covent, but that is another story) so my problem is if we use a brick venier on the outside, then about 3" of the brick would hang over. My builder suggested us looking into composite brick, he said it is man made and is smaller and may work better and may be cheaper, but he hasn't never seen it, he has just heard about it. Has anyone seen this before or know where a good place to research it. Thanks, Ron Mc.
One other thing about the composite brick, Our contractor said it was a type of brick that you use silcone to place them together like tile, then maybe use mortor to give it the real brick look, Thanks, Ron.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes