To all posters on this board please read the following:
The building codes in this country vary quite a bit from one locale to another. This is a fact. It is therefore extremely important that each and every post on this board that is based on a building code include the name of the building code it is based on and from which state and locale. Even when listing the code you are referencing I would also ask that you also to include your recommendation for other members reading your post to ‚ÄúCheck with your local inspections office for all code related issues and how they apply in your area.‚Äù
While the code may state one thing in your locale does not mean it will be the same or applies in the same way in a different locale. Please be aware of this when giving other members code related advice.
If you are unsure of the particular code you are referencing then please do NOT state that your adice is ‚ÄúAccording to the code‚Ä¶‚Äù Just post your advice as such and leave it at that.
Let‚Äôs keep this board as clear and concise as possible to prevent any misunderstandings that could potentially lead to disastrous results for other less experienced members.
Thank you all for your understanding on this important issue.
Moderator: Construction Systems, Foundations, and Masonry & Stone
For more information about me and/or my qualifications please visit my website at:
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight