I am in the process of building a horse barn. I have decided to make my stalls out of cinder blocks instead of the standard wood. The problem is, I don't have a lot of knowledge in this area. I was hoping some one could kind of give me some basic info on how to get started with this project, so I could determine if I could do the project myself.
1. What kind of footers do I need for the walls, how thick should they be.
2. I assume I have to stager the bricks?
3. How do I attach the wall to the wood post that already exist, or is that even needed.
4. Do I need additional supports in the walls.
The stalls are 10x12, I would like to blocks to go about 40 in. high. Right now there is just a dirt floor. I don't know if this will make a difference in how thick the footers have to be, but I am in the southeast corner of Kansas.
Any information anyone can give me about this project would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Mirror Magic: 10 Ways of Using Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- 7 Powerful Cleaners in Your Pantry
- 10 DIY Ways to Dress Up Your House for Fall
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- Believe It or Not: 9 Incredible Faux Finishes You Can Do Yourself
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs