I am in the process of building a horse barn. I have decided to make my stalls out of cinder blocks instead of the standard wood. The problem is, I don't have a lot of knowledge in this area. I was hoping some one could kind of give me some basic info on how to get started with this project, so I could determine if I could do the project myself.
1. What kind of footers do I need for the walls, how thick should they be.
2. I assume I have to stager the bricks?
3. How do I attach the wall to the wood post that already exist, or is that even needed.
4. Do I need additional supports in the walls.
The stalls are 10x12, I would like to blocks to go about 40 in. high. Right now there is just a dirt floor. I don't know if this will make a difference in how thick the footers have to be, but I am in the southeast corner of Kansas.
Any information anyone can give me about this project would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Decked Out: 12 Innovative Outdoor Living Designs
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 8 (Truly) Unexpected Storage Spots
- 9 New & Familiar Ways to Add Moldings
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- 11 Kitchens That Defy Their Small Size