I am in the process of building a horse barn. I have decided to make my stalls out of cinder blocks instead of the standard wood. The problem is, I don't have a lot of knowledge in this area. I was hoping some one could kind of give me some basic info on how to get started with this project, so I could determine if I could do the project myself.
1. What kind of footers do I need for the walls, how thick should they be.
2. I assume I have to stager the bricks?
3. How do I attach the wall to the wood post that already exist, or is that even needed.
4. Do I need additional supports in the walls.
The stalls are 10x12, I would like to blocks to go about 40 in. high. Right now there is just a dirt floor. I don't know if this will make a difference in how thick the footers have to be, but I am in the southeast corner of Kansas.
Any information anyone can give me about this project would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!