I am in the process of building a horse barn. I have decided to make my stalls out of cinder blocks instead of the standard wood. The problem is, I don't have a lot of knowledge in this area. I was hoping some one could kind of give me some basic info on how to get started with this project, so I could determine if I could do the project myself.
1. What kind of footers do I need for the walls, how thick should they be.
2. I assume I have to stager the bricks?
3. How do I attach the wall to the wood post that already exist, or is that even needed.
4. Do I need additional supports in the walls.
The stalls are 10x12, I would like to blocks to go about 40 in. high. Right now there is just a dirt floor. I don't know if this will make a difference in how thick the footers have to be, but I am in the southeast corner of Kansas.
Any information anyone can give me about this project would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much
Get Help from Bob Vila
- Give-Aways & Offers
- Monthly Must Do's
- DIY Project Ideas
- Step-by-Step Guides
- Inspirational Photo Galleries