I am in the process of building a horse barn. I have decided to make my stalls out of cinder blocks instead of the standard wood. The problem is, I don't have a lot of knowledge in this area. I was hoping some one could kind of give me some basic info on how to get started with this project, so I could determine if I could do the project myself.
1. What kind of footers do I need for the walls, how thick should they be.
2. I assume I have to stager the bricks?
3. How do I attach the wall to the wood post that already exist, or is that even needed.
4. Do I need additional supports in the walls.
The stalls are 10x12, I would like to blocks to go about 40 in. high. Right now there is just a dirt floor. I don't know if this will make a difference in how thick the footers have to be, but I am in the southeast corner of Kansas.
Any information anyone can give me about this project would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- How to Make Concrete Letters
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps