I want to cut an opening in a cinder block wall. The cinder block wall is ¬Ω cinder block (lower level) and ¬Ω wood (upper), made by 2x6 wooden framing on a big wooden 2x10 header. This wall runs parallel to the rafters and joists and supports the ridge joist. It will be a 27 inch opening. I don't think I need any support for such a small opening but wanted to get your thoughts.
My concern is the Header itself. Can I cut this header? I need to cut some of the cinder block (which I have already done - all hollow) and need to cut one 2x6 frame board (which I have done). The only thing left is the big, 2x10 header. I'm afraid to cut it out of my way until I get some advice.
What type of insect? Small piles like coffee grounds.
hole in the wall
Hole in foundation, is it supposed to be there?
Shrink Film Window Insulation
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes