We have a 1 yr old home and the grading from the foundation to the back of the property does not meet the local code of 2% slope.
After exhausting all other options the builder has stated they will need to remove the bottom 3 rows of brick along the back of the house and replace with concrete block. The ground level can then be raised a few inches to meet the minimum 2% grade requirement.
Wont removing brick cause some stress on the brick above and perhaps cause cracks to appear in the mortar at some later date ?
What is the minimum distance the weeping homes be above ground level ?
Thanks in advance for your replies.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips