We have a 1 yr old home and the grading from the foundation to the back of the property does not meet the local code of 2% slope.
After exhausting all other options the builder has stated they will need to remove the bottom 3 rows of brick along the back of the house and replace with concrete block. The ground level can then be raised a few inches to meet the minimum 2% grade requirement.
Wont removing brick cause some stress on the brick above and perhaps cause cracks to appear in the mortar at some later date ?
What is the minimum distance the weeping homes be above ground level ?
Thanks in advance for your replies.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!