Yes, as it turns out, someone who really did not know what they were doing built the fireplace, but it's there now, and it's up to me to do something about it -- which I did!
I hired a professional couple, and they've just this morning cleaned it (and many other things they're doing in my home). Now it looks very nice. The man of the couple told me to seal it with Thompson's water seal after a 24-hour curing period, so I'll be doing that myself, but what an improvement!
Yes, you almost always go wrong when you think you're getting a "real deal." I'm learning the hard way . . .
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!