I have recently purchased a house, and I am trying to update it without spending a lot of money. The backsplash in the kitchen is done in a thin brick finish. Iwould like to paint over it but I don't know which type of paint to use, or what technique to use. Please help!
Hello and I join you in your quest to cover over that outdated brick backsplash. I also have purchased a home with the same "cheesy" brick backsplash and am considering painting it over the alternative of removing which is time comsuming and will perhaps damage the wall. I am going to use a regular semi gloss latex paint that is easy to wash clean. Not sure if that will work or not but will also look for paint specifically made to cover masonry as well. Good luck and let me know what you do!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!