I have recently purchased a house, and I am trying to update it without spending a lot of money. The backsplash in the kitchen is done in a thin brick finish. Iwould like to paint over it but I don't know which type of paint to use, or what technique to use. Please help!
Hello and I join you in your quest to cover over that outdated brick backsplash. I also have purchased a home with the same "cheesy" brick backsplash and am considering painting it over the alternative of removing which is time comsuming and will perhaps damage the wall. I am going to use a regular semi gloss latex paint that is easy to wash clean. Not sure if that will work or not but will also look for paint specifically made to cover masonry as well. Good luck and let me know what you do!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight