I have a floor that is cement that I have grinded down to as smooth a surface as possible. What I would like to do now is stain it and polish it that that it needs no care beside the normal washing from time to time.
Here are my questions:
1. Can I use just normal wood stain since the floor is not sealed and all I really want is a nice faded look to the concrete (fyi ‚Äì the floor is away from the weather). Or should I be using something else?
2. Can I than after staining it polish it using a floor polisher with sandpaper of different grades?
3. Or should I just use something like polyurethane or the like to add a shine?
Thanks in advance for any advice,
I think you should prefer the concrete stain polish because its gives a more finished look and glossy effect. It definitely smoothens the floor without cutting a corner and last long. Always careful to avoid scratches while moving the furniture. I always prefer the concrete floor, I know it feels like cold, moist, dark and unpleasant look but it’s the better economical to your floor. The longevity and sustainability of the floor is remarkable. While browsing I found this website Floortex, Canada ( http://www.floortex.ca/products-and-services/stains-and-urethanes/ ) about Concrete floors staining and dying. Do research before you go for an option. Do well.
How do you remove Pet Odor/Stains from Cement floor?
Dirt floor basement
Acetate tile bonded with asphalt on cement floor
leveling a painted cement floor
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects