I have an 30 yr old house with painted brick exterior. From what I can tell, moisture is getting trapped behind the paint, freezing and busting off pieces of the brick.
Will taking off the paint (loads of fun) stop the problem?
Is there an option other than removing the paint?
Do I have to replace the damaged bricks?
I have a couple contractors coming out to look and I would like to be able sort out the good from the bad ideas.
Moisture barrier for brick
Cleaning old brick
CUTTING HOLE THROUGH EXTERIOR BRICK WALL?
can i cover painted brick pillars with a cladding of...
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING