I have an 30 yr old house with painted brick exterior. From what I can tell, moisture is getting trapped behind the paint, freezing and busting off pieces of the brick.
Will taking off the paint (loads of fun) stop the problem?
Is there an option other than removing the paint?
Do I have to replace the damaged bricks?
I have a couple contractors coming out to look and I would like to be able sort out the good from the bad ideas.
Moisture barrier for brick
Cleaning old brick
CUTTING HOLE THROUGH EXTERIOR BRICK WALL?
can i cover painted brick pillars with a cladding of...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!