I have an 30 yr old house with painted brick exterior. From what I can tell, moisture is getting trapped behind the paint, freezing and busting off pieces of the brick.
Will taking off the paint (loads of fun) stop the problem?
Is there an option other than removing the paint?
Do I have to replace the damaged bricks?
I have a couple contractors coming out to look and I would like to be able sort out the good from the bad ideas.
Moisture barrier for brick
Cleaning old brick
CUTTING HOLE THROUGH EXTERIOR BRICK WALL?
can i cover painted brick pillars with a cladding of...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects