We have a 8 year old house with a masonry chimney and fireplace. The fireplace has never had a good draw (smoke comes into the room) and there is a leak (water) in the basement where the underside of the firebox joins the foundation. This leak is only present when we have rain with high winds.
Recently we had a chimney inspection where a chimney cam was inserted in the chimney, and the company indicated that we needed a new fireplace liner, as the current one was damaged.
I have two questions, first could the damaged chimney liner be the source of my rainwater leak?
Second, we were quoted $4,500 for a comprehensive repair including a new chimney cap and damper, chimney liner and water sealing on the exterior chimney. Does this seem reasonable?
Thanks in advance.
Leaky bath tub faucet
Grating lawn... Landscaping to maybe help leaky bas...
leaky chimney- Somebody Help!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 5 Things to Do with... Colanders
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps