We have a 8 year old house with a masonry chimney and fireplace. The fireplace has never had a good draw (smoke comes into the room) and there is a leak (water) in the basement where the underside of the firebox joins the foundation. This leak is only present when we have rain with high winds.
Recently we had a chimney inspection where a chimney cam was inserted in the chimney, and the company indicated that we needed a new fireplace liner, as the current one was damaged.
I have two questions, first could the damaged chimney liner be the source of my rainwater leak?
Second, we were quoted $4,500 for a comprehensive repair including a new chimney cap and damper, chimney liner and water sealing on the exterior chimney. Does this seem reasonable?
Thanks in advance.
Leaky bath tub faucet
Grating lawn... Landscaping to maybe help leaky bas...
leaky chimney- Somebody Help!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Ways to Use Leather in Your Next Project
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 9 Ways to Get on Board with Pegboard
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 8 New Ways to Use Old Wooden Crates