We have a 8 year old house with a masonry chimney and fireplace. The fireplace has never had a good draw (smoke comes into the room) and there is a leak (water) in the basement where the underside of the firebox joins the foundation. This leak is only present when we have rain with high winds.
Recently we had a chimney inspection where a chimney cam was inserted in the chimney, and the company indicated that we needed a new fireplace liner, as the current one was damaged.
I have two questions, first could the damaged chimney liner be the source of my rainwater leak?
Second, we were quoted $4,500 for a comprehensive repair including a new chimney cap and damper, chimney liner and water sealing on the exterior chimney. Does this seem reasonable?
Thanks in advance.
Leaky bath tub faucet
Grating lawn... Landscaping to maybe help leaky bas...
leaky chimney- Somebody Help!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps