We have a 8 year old house with a masonry chimney and fireplace. The fireplace has never had a good draw (smoke comes into the room) and there is a leak (water) in the basement where the underside of the firebox joins the foundation. This leak is only present when we have rain with high winds.
Recently we had a chimney inspection where a chimney cam was inserted in the chimney, and the company indicated that we needed a new fireplace liner, as the current one was damaged.
I have two questions, first could the damaged chimney liner be the source of my rainwater leak?
Second, we were quoted $4,500 for a comprehensive repair including a new chimney cap and damper, chimney liner and water sealing on the exterior chimney. Does this seem reasonable?
Thanks in advance.
Leaky bath tub faucet
Grating lawn... Landscaping to maybe help leaky bas...
leaky chimney- Somebody Help!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees