We recently had new granite countertops installed with a stainless steel undermount sink. Our installer did not use brackets or clamps to mount the sink, instead using a lot of silicone glue and apoxy. He said he has done countless sinks this way, and never had a problem. I'm wondering if I will have a problem going forward, and what I can do to solve the problem. I'm concerned that the weight of the garbage disposal will loosen the sink over time, etc. Any thoughts??
I just found your posting regarding the undermount sink with granite being installed with silicone only. My granite guy is telling me the same... how is your's holding up a year later?
Our sink is mounted to underside of the granite with silcone and epoxy and granite blocks. The sink is holding up well, no problems what so ever. Our contractor also used small granite blocks placed under the stainles steel sink and are held in place with epoxy. The silcone is used to seal the undermount sink to granite. We do not have a disposer due to the fact we have a septic tank and leach field. So I cant say if the sink would hold a disposer if installed.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Prefab-ulous: 14 Jaw-Dropping Modern Homes
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Why Are "Natural" Swimming Pools Popular?
- 9 Ways of Adding Moldings to Walls
- 1 Dozen Ways to Make the Most of a Small Yard
- 13 Easy Lanterns to Make for Your Porch or Patio
- 12 Expert Tips for a Fantastic Front Yard