We recently had new granite countertops installed with a stainless steel undermount sink. Our installer did not use brackets or clamps to mount the sink, instead using a lot of silicone glue and apoxy. He said he has done countless sinks this way, and never had a problem. I'm wondering if I will have a problem going forward, and what I can do to solve the problem. I'm concerned that the weight of the garbage disposal will loosen the sink over time, etc. Any thoughts??
I just found your posting regarding the undermount sink with granite being installed with silicone only. My granite guy is telling me the same... how is your's holding up a year later?
Our sink is mounted to underside of the granite with silcone and epoxy and granite blocks. The sink is holding up well, no problems what so ever. Our contractor also used small granite blocks placed under the stainles steel sink and are held in place with epoxy. The silcone is used to seal the undermount sink to granite. We do not have a disposer due to the fact we have a septic tank and leach field. So I cant say if the sink would hold a disposer if installed.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!