We recently had new granite countertops installed with a stainless steel undermount sink. Our installer did not use brackets or clamps to mount the sink, instead using a lot of silicone glue and apoxy. He said he has done countless sinks this way, and never had a problem. I'm wondering if I will have a problem going forward, and what I can do to solve the problem. I'm concerned that the weight of the garbage disposal will loosen the sink over time, etc. Any thoughts??
I just found your posting regarding the undermount sink with granite being installed with silicone only. My granite guy is telling me the same... how is your's holding up a year later?
Our sink is mounted to underside of the granite with silcone and epoxy and granite blocks. The sink is holding up well, no problems what so ever. Our contractor also used small granite blocks placed under the stainles steel sink and are held in place with epoxy. The silcone is used to seal the undermount sink to granite. We do not have a disposer due to the fact we have a septic tank and leach field. So I cant say if the sink would hold a disposer if installed.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!