We recently had new granite countertops installed with a stainless steel undermount sink. Our installer did not use brackets or clamps to mount the sink, instead using a lot of silicone glue and apoxy. He said he has done countless sinks this way, and never had a problem. I'm wondering if I will have a problem going forward, and what I can do to solve the problem. I'm concerned that the weight of the garbage disposal will loosen the sink over time, etc. Any thoughts??
I just found your posting regarding the undermount sink with granite being installed with silicone only. My granite guy is telling me the same... how is your's holding up a year later?
Our sink is mounted to underside of the granite with silcone and epoxy and granite blocks. The sink is holding up well, no problems what so ever. Our contractor also used small granite blocks placed under the stainles steel sink and are held in place with epoxy. The silcone is used to seal the undermount sink to granite. We do not have a disposer due to the fact we have a septic tank and leach field. So I cant say if the sink would hold a disposer if installed.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers