We recently had new granite countertops installed with a stainless steel undermount sink. Our installer did not use brackets or clamps to mount the sink, instead using a lot of silicone glue and apoxy. He said he has done countless sinks this way, and never had a problem. I'm wondering if I will have a problem going forward, and what I can do to solve the problem. I'm concerned that the weight of the garbage disposal will loosen the sink over time, etc. Any thoughts??
I just found your posting regarding the undermount sink with granite being installed with silicone only. My granite guy is telling me the same... how is your's holding up a year later?
Our sink is mounted to underside of the granite with silcone and epoxy and granite blocks. The sink is holding up well, no problems what so ever. Our contractor also used small granite blocks placed under the stainles steel sink and are held in place with epoxy. The silcone is used to seal the undermount sink to granite. We do not have a disposer due to the fact we have a septic tank and leach field. So I cant say if the sink would hold a disposer if installed.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes