House built 1915
Chimney in kitchen, had a leak in roof due to poor roofing on saddle. That problem is fixed, but leak ran down side of chimney, ruining really bad 'fake brick' paneling. Also caused most of plaster finish to bubble off chimney brick.
Removong plaster revealed brick chimney that adds character to kitchen.
What should be used to 1, clean bricks and 2, seal them to prevent additional dust from bricks or mortar and to seal against splash's from grease, etc. Chimney is next to cook-top.
Finally, the location for what I assume to be the original cook-stove to vent to chimney is visable. Decorating ideas?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!