House built 1915
Chimney in kitchen, had a leak in roof due to poor roofing on saddle. That problem is fixed, but leak ran down side of chimney, ruining really bad 'fake brick' paneling. Also caused most of plaster finish to bubble off chimney brick.
Removong plaster revealed brick chimney that adds character to kitchen.
What should be used to 1, clean bricks and 2, seal them to prevent additional dust from bricks or mortar and to seal against splash's from grease, etc. Chimney is next to cook-top.
Finally, the location for what I assume to be the original cook-stove to vent to chimney is visable. Decorating ideas?
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING