House built 1915
Chimney in kitchen, had a leak in roof due to poor roofing on saddle. That problem is fixed, but leak ran down side of chimney, ruining really bad 'fake brick' paneling. Also caused most of plaster finish to bubble off chimney brick.
Removong plaster revealed brick chimney that adds character to kitchen.
What should be used to 1, clean bricks and 2, seal them to prevent additional dust from bricks or mortar and to seal against splash's from grease, etc. Chimney is next to cook-top.
Finally, the location for what I assume to be the original cook-stove to vent to chimney is visable. Decorating ideas?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love