House built 1915
Chimney in kitchen, had a leak in roof due to poor roofing on saddle. That problem is fixed, but leak ran down side of chimney, ruining really bad 'fake brick' paneling. Also caused most of plaster finish to bubble off chimney brick.
Removong plaster revealed brick chimney that adds character to kitchen.
What should be used to 1, clean bricks and 2, seal them to prevent additional dust from bricks or mortar and to seal against splash's from grease, etc. Chimney is next to cook-top.
Finally, the location for what I assume to be the original cook-stove to vent to chimney is visable. Decorating ideas?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects