Sorry for the previous jumbled description. I tried to clean it up a bit.
Hello. I am not sure if I have this posted in the right spot, but here it goes. I have a cement front porch that comes up to the front of our house, 5 steps. Well, it rained good last night and water is dripping in. We sealed up some cracks behind the trim pieces where the door trim comes down and sets on top of the front porch. That was done when we had a new front door put in. My front porch has numerous other cracks. It looked like we tackled all the ones by the door and around it, but I know others need to be sealed because I am still getting water. Who can I call to work on something like this? I am confused because I do not know whether to call a concrete place, a masony place for the surrounding brick, a waterproofing place, etc. This is my first time having to deal with something like this and don't want to get taken by someone. Does anyone have any suggestions? Anyway, suggestions are appreciated. I guess I am just confused because of the area the water is coming in. It could be the cement front porch where it meets the house, it could be some of the cracks in the porch itself, it could be the brick on the house around the porch, or something else in that area. Oh, by the way, this spot where the water is coming in is above ground, around the level of the top of the porch, so it is way above gound level. Sorry for the jumbled description.
Chronic roof leak around chimney
Repairing large area of drywall in bathroom from wat...
When should a tub not be used for a shower?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Prefab-ulous: 14 Jaw-Dropping Modern Homes
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Why Are "Natural" Swimming Pools Popular?
- 9 Ways of Adding Moldings to Walls
- 1 Dozen Ways to Make the Most of a Small Yard
- 13 Easy Lanterns to Make for Your Porch or Patio
- 12 Expert Tips for a Fantastic Front Yard