Sorry for the previous jumbled description. I tried to clean it up a bit.
Hello. I am not sure if I have this posted in the right spot, but here it goes. I have a cement front porch that comes up to the front of our house, 5 steps. Well, it rained good last night and water is dripping in. We sealed up some cracks behind the trim pieces where the door trim comes down and sets on top of the front porch. That was done when we had a new front door put in. My front porch has numerous other cracks. It looked like we tackled all the ones by the door and around it, but I know others need to be sealed because I am still getting water. Who can I call to work on something like this? I am confused because I do not know whether to call a concrete place, a masony place for the surrounding brick, a waterproofing place, etc. This is my first time having to deal with something like this and don't want to get taken by someone. Does anyone have any suggestions? Anyway, suggestions are appreciated. I guess I am just confused because of the area the water is coming in. It could be the cement front porch where it meets the house, it could be some of the cracks in the porch itself, it could be the brick on the house around the porch, or something else in that area. Oh, by the way, this spot where the water is coming in is above ground, around the level of the top of the porch, so it is way above gound level. Sorry for the jumbled description.
Chronic roof leak around chimney
Repairing large area of drywall in bathroom from wat...
When should a tub not be used for a shower?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers