Sorry for the previous jumbled description. I tried to clean it up a bit.
Hello. I am not sure if I have this posted in the right spot, but here it goes. I have a cement front porch that comes up to the front of our house, 5 steps. Well, it rained good last night and water is dripping in. We sealed up some cracks behind the trim pieces where the door trim comes down and sets on top of the front porch. That was done when we had a new front door put in. My front porch has numerous other cracks. It looked like we tackled all the ones by the door and around it, but I know others need to be sealed because I am still getting water. Who can I call to work on something like this? I am confused because I do not know whether to call a concrete place, a masony place for the surrounding brick, a waterproofing place, etc. This is my first time having to deal with something like this and don't want to get taken by someone. Does anyone have any suggestions? Anyway, suggestions are appreciated. I guess I am just confused because of the area the water is coming in. It could be the cement front porch where it meets the house, it could be some of the cracks in the porch itself, it could be the brick on the house around the porch, or something else in that area. Oh, by the way, this spot where the water is coming in is above ground, around the level of the top of the porch, so it is way above gound level. Sorry for the jumbled description.
Repairing large area of drywall in bathroom from wat...
When should a tub not be used for a shower?
Below grade room off of a walk out basement
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects