I have an interior stonework fireplace made of horizontally stacked pieces of slate with mortar in between. The mortar is flaking and dusting and the stone is somewhat stained from previous water intrusions. I'd like to seal the stone and the mortar so that it looks good and doesn't dust. I don't want a shiny effect and would like to avoid brushing it on since a brush will raise fine dust from the mortar.
Any ideas about a sealer and whether I could spray it on?
Interior stone veneer fireplace: what should I do at...
Interior Stone walls
removing interior stone
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!