I've been planning to insulate and drywall in the closet under the stairs to my finished basement (below ground level).
Yesterday I found a nice puddle of water so the hunt was on, the wall/floor I had sealed but I guess the only spot I had missed was where it came in. I noticed water coming in around the floor beam and I cut it out to take a further look. Also took out a part of the particleboard. Between the floor and the wall there is a 1/4 inch gap! with just dirt, I put a screwdriver in and its pretty wet so this is were water came in. We did have a good rainstorm and my subpump has been going now than then too. The house is 150 years old, but the additon is from the 80's, I bougth the house this year. Finding new fun treasures every day...blah.
What is the best way to seal it?
Fill in concrete?
Can I fill in concrete while its still wet?
Like to get new drywall up soon :)
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Design a Better Bedroom: 9 Strategies
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Would You Live in a Floating Home?