I've been planning to insulate and drywall in the closet under the stairs to my finished basement (below ground level).
Yesterday I found a nice puddle of water so the hunt was on, the wall/floor I had sealed but I guess the only spot I had missed was where it came in. I noticed water coming in around the floor beam and I cut it out to take a further look. Also took out a part of the particleboard. Between the floor and the wall there is a 1/4 inch gap! with just dirt, I put a screwdriver in and its pretty wet so this is were water came in. We did have a good rainstorm and my subpump has been going now than then too. The house is 150 years old, but the additon is from the 80's, I bougth the house this year. Finding new fun treasures every day...blah.
What is the best way to seal it?
Fill in concrete?
Can I fill in concrete while its still wet?
Like to get new drywall up soon :)
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees