I've been planning to insulate and drywall in the closet under the stairs to my finished basement (below ground level).
Yesterday I found a nice puddle of water so the hunt was on, the wall/floor I had sealed but I guess the only spot I had missed was where it came in. I noticed water coming in around the floor beam and I cut it out to take a further look. Also took out a part of the particleboard. Between the floor and the wall there is a 1/4 inch gap! with just dirt, I put a screwdriver in and its pretty wet so this is were water came in. We did have a good rainstorm and my subpump has been going now than then too. The house is 150 years old, but the additon is from the 80's, I bougth the house this year. Finding new fun treasures every day...blah.
What is the best way to seal it?
Fill in concrete?
Can I fill in concrete while its still wet?
Like to get new drywall up soon :)
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps