I've been planning to insulate and drywall in the closet under the stairs to my finished basement (below ground level).
Yesterday I found a nice puddle of water so the hunt was on, the wall/floor I had sealed but I guess the only spot I had missed was where it came in. I noticed water coming in around the floor beam and I cut it out to take a further look. Also took out a part of the particleboard. Between the floor and the wall there is a 1/4 inch gap! with just dirt, I put a screwdriver in and its pretty wet so this is were water came in. We did have a good rainstorm and my subpump has been going now than then too. The house is 150 years old, but the additon is from the 80's, I bougth the house this year. Finding new fun treasures every day...blah.
What is the best way to seal it?
Fill in concrete?
Can I fill in concrete while its still wet?
Like to get new drywall up soon :)
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Ways to Use Leather in Your Next Project
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 9 Ways to Get on Board with Pegboard
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 8 New Ways to Use Old Wooden Crates