we have badly constructed wall (my guess is that the tar paper was not applied correctly under the stucco, and/or around the windows), that leaks water into the house when it rains. it has been like that since we did the remodel four winters ago.
I tried caulking around the windows, and spraying a cement sealer (do not remember the name) to no avail.
What would you recommend short of tearing down the wall and rebuilding it?
My daughter is being treated for leukemia, and doctors say we cannot do any sort of construction in/near the house, on the other hand, we need to repair the leak and resolve any fungi/mold issues which might kill her now that she has highly compromised immune system due to the chemo.
are there any sealers that might work better in this situation?
is it possible to do another layer of tar paper/chicken wire/stucco on top of existing stucco? if so, how do you seal around the existing window?
whatever we do, had to be done externally, no dust, and has to be very affordable, as we are all out of money.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Ways to Use Leather in Your Next Project
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 9 Ways to Get on Board with Pegboard
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 8 New Ways to Use Old Wooden Crates