we have badly constructed wall (my guess is that the tar paper was not applied correctly under the stucco, and/or around the windows), that leaks water into the house when it rains. it has been like that since we did the remodel four winters ago.
I tried caulking around the windows, and spraying a cement sealer (do not remember the name) to no avail.
What would you recommend short of tearing down the wall and rebuilding it?
My daughter is being treated for leukemia, and doctors say we cannot do any sort of construction in/near the house, on the other hand, we need to repair the leak and resolve any fungi/mold issues which might kill her now that she has highly compromised immune system due to the chemo.
are there any sealers that might work better in this situation?
is it possible to do another layer of tar paper/chicken wire/stucco on top of existing stucco? if so, how do you seal around the existing window?
whatever we do, had to be done externally, no dust, and has to be very affordable, as we are all out of money.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes