I use Hydro-Seal 75, a 2 part waterbase epoxy that does not peel because it allows vapor transmission. Your right to a degree, many do peel because they don't breathe.
Hydro-seal 75 does breathe and is great for sealing basement walls and floors.
Hydro-Seal 75 also is available with Anti-Mold additive, stops 40PSI, and is easy to apply with rollers brushes or airless spray.
This is the most economical, most effective coating I have ever used for sealing and patching basements(just add sand mix or Portland Cement for patching). Plus is provides a great looking finish to even the ugliest basement walls. Nice colors like white, gray, light gray, beige available. The one gallon kit is idiot proof, mix entire contents and paint on in 40 minutes or less
Works on stone foundations as well. Great to work with; no odor or solvents. 30 to 40 minute pot life after mixing. Great stuff
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight