I use Hydro-Seal 75, a 2 part waterbase epoxy that does not peel because it allows vapor transmission. Your right to a degree, many do peel because they don't breathe.
Hydro-seal 75 does breathe and is great for sealing basement walls and floors.
Hydro-Seal 75 also is available with Anti-Mold additive, stops 40PSI, and is easy to apply with rollers brushes or airless spray.
This is the most economical, most effective coating I have ever used for sealing and patching basements(just add sand mix or Portland Cement for patching). Plus is provides a great looking finish to even the ugliest basement walls. Nice colors like white, gray, light gray, beige available. The one gallon kit is idiot proof, mix entire contents and paint on in 40 minutes or less
Works on stone foundations as well. Great to work with; no odor or solvents. 30 to 40 minute pot life after mixing. Great stuff
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!