I am planning on purchasing a home from a US Home community...provided it passes inspection. Is there anything that US Home won't tell me, something that they don't have to mention or disclose, but should? This could either be regarding a potential problem with the community or the area; or this could pertain to a perk or something to write into the contract that would add to my value. What do you think?
I am not sure about the US Home Community, but my only advice is to get a good REALESTATE attorny. Check around they are worth the fee. I paid $350 when I recently closed. It takes a lot of stress out of signing all those documents.
My suggestion is to hire a home inspector who is NOT a building contractor (conflict of interest). Ask him what type of tests he does on the plumbing, electrical and gas in the home you are interested in purchasing. Do not hire the home inspector who just drives up takes a looksee and says everything is fine.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!