We are just beginning the process of building a new home, and are already unsure of a decision. Should we purchase the lot ourselves and hire a contractor to build on our lot, or should we allow the contractor to purchase the lot we select, build us the house we want, and buy the lot and house from the contractor. I need to know what would be in our best interests (i.e. concerns if the contractor goes bankrupt, or is unable to finish the home, we will be stuck with our downpayment, and no lot or home to show...) Please let me know your thoughts ASAP. Thank you!
Installing Drywall, should I keep the lathe or remov...
Interior stone veneer fireplace: what should I do at...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!