We are just beginning the process of building a new home, and are already unsure of a decision. Should we purchase the lot ourselves and hire a contractor to build on our lot, or should we allow the contractor to purchase the lot we select, build us the house we want, and buy the lot and house from the contractor. I need to know what would be in our best interests (i.e. concerns if the contractor goes bankrupt, or is unable to finish the home, we will be stuck with our downpayment, and no lot or home to show...) Please let me know your thoughts ASAP. Thank you!
Installing Drywall, should I keep the lathe or remov...
Interior stone veneer fireplace: what should I do at...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects