We are just beginning the process of building a new home, and are already unsure of a decision. Should we purchase the lot ourselves and hire a contractor to build on our lot, or should we allow the contractor to purchase the lot we select, build us the house we want, and buy the lot and house from the contractor. I need to know what would be in our best interests (i.e. concerns if the contractor goes bankrupt, or is unable to finish the home, we will be stuck with our downpayment, and no lot or home to show...) Please let me know your thoughts ASAP. Thank you!
Installing Drywall, should I keep the lathe or remov...
Interior stone veneer fireplace: what should I do at...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers