Get all the details and compare carefully before making a decision.
FYI - I am in the RE profession, so we get this ? a lot. As stated by the lending professionals we deal closely with - it is generally not beneficial until the rate drops two (or more) points below what you are currently financed out - to average the difference of costs of 're-fi' into the equation - and to make it worthwhile for you. FYI - as an aside - we are in a similar situation - lived here 3 years, financed @ 6.725 - You don't have a bad rate, and it'll be hard to refinance low enough to make it worth your while. Maybe you wish to consider prepayments on your principal - which will significantly decrease the amount of interest paid on your loan. You can do a search for a mortgage amoritization calculator, (there are many available online) - and this will allow you to see your interest savings in details, varied by the xtra principal you choose to pay.
Hope this helps!
slate steps outside
Need Daltile French Quarter Cobblestone
The 24th China International Ceramic & Bathroom Fair...
All Natural Formula Loss Weight
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Design a Better Bedroom: 9 Strategies
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Would You Live in a Floating Home?