My bank told me to tent the house I want to buy right at 3 days before the original closing day, now I've tented the house, they want me to fix the damage before a closing day will be set up.
can anybody give me a good advice on how to push my bank to the closing? or is there anyway I can have them cut down the closing cost because of this? I don't have a realtor.
thanx a lot!!
I see what they want. I am assuming they are considering the damage significant enough to cause structural damage or to affect the value of the home. Unfortunately there isnt much you can do in this process, The bank is simply protecting their investment, after all if the house falls apart and you default on your mortgage they dont want to have to sell sawdust and shingles, they want a structurally sound home. I would get an estimate on what it costs to fix this situation and if the damage is too great back out of the deal. I am assuming on your purchase agreement you were allotted time to have the house inspected and time to give notice to the seller if things were not alright with the inspection. If you are within your time frame you can back out safely. let me know if you need anything further I am a realtor and I will help you as best I can. you can email me direct if you need right away at email@example.com
The damage is actually pretty minor.
The thing that really upsets me is the bank seems didn't know what they suppose to do until the last minute. And I'm the last one who gets informed.
But thanx for the reply. I guess I'll just hanging there.
you may have gotten a new rep, believe it or not it is really easy to get into this industry and you get alot of inexperienced people... also would this happen to be standard fed bank? and if the damage is minor they should have a verification from a contractor that all is well and show them that you will do the follow up treatments as well. If that is done then there should be no reason that you shouldnt close on your loan in the near future. regulations for termite damage vary from state to state as well so they may be more strict where you are from. I am in Michigan where are you located?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers