If the room is habitable, heated and/or cooled, the basement is considered a finished room. It doesn't have to be 'pretty'. A finished basement doesn't necessarily add value to a home. That depends on variable such as the neighborhood, what the layout of the rest of the house is, and its use. (Bedroom vs. Family Room vs. Wood Shop vs. whatever.)
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: You can ask the Appraiser this same ? ...
PPS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight