If the room is habitable, heated and/or cooled, the basement is considered a finished room. It doesn't have to be 'pretty'. A finished basement doesn't necessarily add value to a home. That depends on variable such as the neighborhood, what the layout of the rest of the house is, and its use. (Bedroom vs. Family Room vs. Wood Shop vs. whatever.)
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: You can ask the Appraiser this same ? ...
PPS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!