Baloon mortgage payment
You can still refinance your entire current package at cheaper lower rates. We just refinanced from a fix 30 at 6.25% down to a fixed 30 at 4.5% to take advantage of cutting our monthly payments in half.
Your existing first mortgage and second (baloon) mortgage will be paid off by the new mortgage when you close on the new loan.
It's interesting to me to go to a website that has amortization calculators (there are several), and run some scenarios. Take a look at how much you're paying now (interest and principal) vs. some alternative loans.
Sounds like refinancing could pay off nicely for you. Why pay all that interest if you don't have to!?
Barring that, sell it and come to California where plumbers make a great living. I got a job for you now! Need to get rid of a water softener and figure out what the deal is with this pressure tank on my system (public water).
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers