Baloon mortgage payment
You can still refinance your entire current package at cheaper lower rates. We just refinanced from a fix 30 at 6.25% down to a fixed 30 at 4.5% to take advantage of cutting our monthly payments in half.
Your existing first mortgage and second (baloon) mortgage will be paid off by the new mortgage when you close on the new loan.
It's interesting to me to go to a website that has amortization calculators (there are several), and run some scenarios. Take a look at how much you're paying now (interest and principal) vs. some alternative loans.
Sounds like refinancing could pay off nicely for you. Why pay all that interest if you don't have to!?
Barring that, sell it and come to California where plumbers make a great living. I got a job for you now! Need to get rid of a water softener and figure out what the deal is with this pressure tank on my system (public water).
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight