Im about to install doors and windows. I have the 1/2" plywood sheathing on. The Tyvek is on. If im using 3/8" rough sawn cedar plywood siding do I install the doors and windows after the siding or before. Also, Im using 2x6 walls and most doors and windows come for 2x4. I mount it flush with the outside, then how to I make up the difference on the inside?
Before the siding, and after parts of the flashing. The windows are ordered for 2x6 walls or supplied with jamb extensions dependent on the manufacturer & type could be drywall returns.. the doors you have no choice but to order the jamb for your finish style & 2x6 framing or they won't work, (unless they all swing out? don't think so except maybe Florida I've heard they have to there).
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!