Any advice is appreciated.
Ive been living in my new home for 2 months. At settlement I had a document written up that both Gemcraft Homes ( builder) and myself signed. It stated that the porch on the home would be rebuilt and the work would be completed no later then 30 days. This I thought was the largest task they had on satisfying me, though apparently they seem to be having trouble even getting me a screen for a single window..anyways....
They started the rebuild but my porch,wich is still not finished , looks like something on a shack! None of the work has been supervised and I have serious doubts that they are qualified. They have used some of the "OLD" materials in the rebuild, etc.
I am very upset and the supervisor is just not getting the work done and what has been done is not being done right. I have tried to contact his boss but they will only talk amongst themselves therefore not return my calls.
Please tell me there is protection out there for me! Is there anyone I can call that could come look at my 2 month old shack and declare that this builder is lowering the standard quality of my home with thier shoddy work.
This builder, GEMCRAFT, is supposed to be highly regarded in Maryland, Pa and DE.. though my house would prove different.
Any advice on who to call ( besides my lawyer) would be appreciated.
looking for preventative measures for freezing pipes
Insulation in a crawl space
Need help with brick problems
new wire and existing k&t
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING