Any advice is appreciated.
Ive been living in my new home for 2 months. At settlement I had a document written up that both Gemcraft Homes ( builder) and myself signed. It stated that the porch on the home would be rebuilt and the work would be completed no later then 30 days. This I thought was the largest task they had on satisfying me, though apparently they seem to be having trouble even getting me a screen for a single window..anyways....
They started the rebuild but my porch,wich is still not finished , looks like something on a shack! None of the work has been supervised and I have serious doubts that they are qualified. They have used some of the "OLD" materials in the rebuild, etc.
I am very upset and the supervisor is just not getting the work done and what has been done is not being done right. I have tried to contact his boss but they will only talk amongst themselves therefore not return my calls.
Please tell me there is protection out there for me! Is there anyone I can call that could come look at my 2 month old shack and declare that this builder is lowering the standard quality of my home with thier shoddy work.
This builder, GEMCRAFT, is supposed to be highly regarded in Maryland, Pa and DE.. though my house would prove different.
Any advice on who to call ( besides my lawyer) would be appreciated.
looking for preventative measures for freezing pipes
Insulation in a crawl space
Need help with brick problems
new wire and existing k&t
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees