Any advice is appreciated.
Ive been living in my new home for 2 months. At settlement I had a document written up that both Gemcraft Homes ( builder) and myself signed. It stated that the porch on the home would be rebuilt and the work would be completed no later then 30 days. This I thought was the largest task they had on satisfying me, though apparently they seem to be having trouble even getting me a screen for a single window..anyways....
They started the rebuild but my porch,wich is still not finished , looks like something on a shack! None of the work has been supervised and I have serious doubts that they are qualified. They have used some of the "OLD" materials in the rebuild, etc.
I am very upset and the supervisor is just not getting the work done and what has been done is not being done right. I have tried to contact his boss but they will only talk amongst themselves therefore not return my calls.
Please tell me there is protection out there for me! Is there anyone I can call that could come look at my 2 month old shack and declare that this builder is lowering the standard quality of my home with thier shoddy work.
This builder, GEMCRAFT, is supposed to be highly regarded in Maryland, Pa and DE.. though my house would prove different.
Any advice on who to call ( besides my lawyer) would be appreciated.
looking for preventative measures for freezing pipes
Insulation in a crawl space
Need help with brick problems
new wire and existing k&t
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects