We bought the house about a yr. ago and have 2 yrs. left on a 3 yr.ARM @ 4.25%. The question is: Do I shop for a fixed loan now while percents are still low or ride it out and start a new loan after this one ends?
Next: We will be getting some inheritance $ soon, maybe 50K so do I put it towards the principle now or wait until a refinance or new loan begins to add it?
Thanks, and the 3yr. ARM is based on 30 yrs. I heard also from a another that if you can relax in the long term an ARM will save you money, but you got to admit if at the end of my 3 yrs. and there is a fixed at 4.25% (like my current ARM)it would be tempting to lock it in. How's that work anyway, if at the end of the 3 yrs. I get another ARM or even a fixed is it now based on 27 yrs?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love