I am buying my first house and was not using a realtor. I had an appointment to see a house in a subdivision I had been looking at for a while. The seller's realtor offered to show me another house which had just came out on the market (he worked for the same real estate firm as listing agent). I agreed as when I called about seeing the home the listing agent had said it would be two weeks before they would show it due to the sellers wanting to put new carpet down.
I loved the house! It was a great price, looked good on the inside, etc. The agent knew I was interested, assured me it wouldn't last long at that price, and assisted me in drawing up a contract at that time.
I have a clause for home inspection, financing, and appraisal. My offer was good til 1:30 yesterday and I had heard nothing. This morning I got a call- they had accepted my offer. My problem is this: I just got a call tonight from my newly acquired realtor that said he had gotten a copy of the disclosure form and he needed me to initial it. Oh and by the way they disclosed there is a mold problem! I have really bad allergies and want no part of a mold issue. Although they had filled out a disclosure form, I was not given one prior to making my offer. Can I get out of this contract?
If your contract has a 10 day inspection period, have someone go in and inspect it. Don't pay someone, have a friend do it. Give them a couple reasons why yuou don't want the house. I don't think you have to give any reasons. Just tell them you found something you didn't like. I had a lady back out after her ten day inspection period was over. One day before closing. I called lawyers and they all told me the same thing. I was SOL. Why can't your realtor help you with this?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!