I am buying my first house and was not using a realtor. I had an appointment to see a house in a subdivision I had been looking at for a while. The seller's realtor offered to show me another house which had just came out on the market (he worked for the same real estate firm as listing agent). I agreed as when I called about seeing the home the listing agent had said it would be two weeks before they would show it due to the sellers wanting to put new carpet down.
I loved the house! It was a great price, looked good on the inside, etc. The agent knew I was interested, assured me it wouldn't last long at that price, and assisted me in drawing up a contract at that time.
I have a clause for home inspection, financing, and appraisal. My offer was good til 1:30 yesterday and I had heard nothing. This morning I got a call- they had accepted my offer. My problem is this: I just got a call tonight from my newly acquired realtor that said he had gotten a copy of the disclosure form and he needed me to initial it. Oh and by the way they disclosed there is a mold problem! I have really bad allergies and want no part of a mold issue. Although they had filled out a disclosure form, I was not given one prior to making my offer. Can I get out of this contract?
If your contract has a 10 day inspection period, have someone go in and inspect it. Don't pay someone, have a friend do it. Give them a couple reasons why yuou don't want the house. I don't think you have to give any reasons. Just tell them you found something you didn't like. I had a lady back out after her ten day inspection period was over. One day before closing. I called lawyers and they all told me the same thing. I was SOL. Why can't your realtor help you with this?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!