My spouse and I signed a 90 listing agreement. We decided after a month on the market, with no showings and numerous problems with the agent, to ask to have the listing cancelled. Needless to say, this has turned into a nightmare. The agent we listed with is also the Broker/Owner of this particular agency. The agent has told us that we now owe a $345.00 admin fee in order to cancel. In the listing agreement it only states that this admin fee is to be paid upon closing. When we asked for a copy of the listing agreement, the end date of the contract had been altered to reflect a 10 month contract!!!! It has been nearly 3 weeks since we asked to have the listing cancelled, so we sent a signed letter stating that this was our final, written notice that any and all listings and contracts were to be cancelled. The agent received this and our listing is still active on MLS and we are continuing to receive phone calls from the agent. Is my only option to contact a Real Estate Attorney at this point? Can the agent legally collect the admin fee?
cancel listing agreement with agent
We just lost a LOT of money- Is there anything we ca...
Can I get out of my contract to purchase a home?
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING