My spouse and I signed a 90 listing agreement. We decided after a month on the market, with no showings and numerous problems with the agent, to ask to have the listing cancelled. Needless to say, this has turned into a nightmare. The agent we listed with is also the Broker/Owner of this particular agency. The agent has told us that we now owe a $345.00 admin fee in order to cancel. In the listing agreement it only states that this admin fee is to be paid upon closing. When we asked for a copy of the listing agreement, the end date of the contract had been altered to reflect a 10 month contract!!!! It has been nearly 3 weeks since we asked to have the listing cancelled, so we sent a signed letter stating that this was our final, written notice that any and all listings and contracts were to be cancelled. The agent received this and our listing is still active on MLS and we are continuing to receive phone calls from the agent. Is my only option to contact a Real Estate Attorney at this point? Can the agent legally collect the admin fee?
cancel listing agreement with agent
We just lost a LOT of money- Is there anything we ca...
Can I get out of my contract to purchase a home?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers