My spouse and I signed a 90 listing agreement. We decided after a month on the market, with no showings and numerous problems with the agent, to ask to have the listing cancelled. Needless to say, this has turned into a nightmare. The agent we listed with is also the Broker/Owner of this particular agency. The agent has told us that we now owe a $345.00 admin fee in order to cancel. In the listing agreement it only states that this admin fee is to be paid upon closing. When we asked for a copy of the listing agreement, the end date of the contract had been altered to reflect a 10 month contract!!!! It has been nearly 3 weeks since we asked to have the listing cancelled, so we sent a signed letter stating that this was our final, written notice that any and all listings and contracts were to be cancelled. The agent received this and our listing is still active on MLS and we are continuing to receive phone calls from the agent. Is my only option to contact a Real Estate Attorney at this point? Can the agent legally collect the admin fee?
cancel listing agreement with agent
We just lost a LOT of money- Is there anything we ca...
Can I get out of my contract to purchase a home?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!