My spouse and I signed a 90 listing agreement. We decided after a month on the market, with no showings and numerous problems with the agent, to ask to have the listing cancelled. Needless to say, this has turned into a nightmare. The agent we listed with is also the Broker/Owner of this particular agency. The agent has told us that we now owe a $345.00 admin fee in order to cancel. In the listing agreement it only states that this admin fee is to be paid upon closing. When we asked for a copy of the listing agreement, the end date of the contract had been altered to reflect a 10 month contract!!!! It has been nearly 3 weeks since we asked to have the listing cancelled, so we sent a signed letter stating that this was our final, written notice that any and all listings and contracts were to be cancelled. The agent received this and our listing is still active on MLS and we are continuing to receive phone calls from the agent. Is my only option to contact a Real Estate Attorney at this point? Can the agent legally collect the admin fee?
cancel listing agreement with agent
We just lost a LOT of money- Is there anything we ca...
Can I get out of my contract to purchase a home?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes