My spouse and I signed a 90 listing agreement. We decided after a month on the market, with no showings and numerous problems with the agent, to ask to have the listing cancelled. Needless to say, this has turned into a nightmare. The agent we listed with is also the Broker/Owner of this particular agency. The agent has told us that we now owe a $345.00 admin fee in order to cancel. In the listing agreement it only states that this admin fee is to be paid upon closing. When we asked for a copy of the listing agreement, the end date of the contract had been altered to reflect a 10 month contract!!!! It has been nearly 3 weeks since we asked to have the listing cancelled, so we sent a signed letter stating that this was our final, written notice that any and all listings and contracts were to be cancelled. The agent received this and our listing is still active on MLS and we are continuing to receive phone calls from the agent. Is my only option to contact a Real Estate Attorney at this point? Can the agent legally collect the admin fee?
cancel listing agreement with agent
We just lost a LOT of money- Is there anything we ca...
Can I get out of my contract to purchase a home?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!