choosing kitchen cabinets
I need to choose new cabinets for my kitchen but cannot afford custom cabinets. I have seen a line of stock and semi-custom cabinets made by Shrock and also one by KraftMaid. I can afford to spend about $5500. should I choose all plywood cabinets or ones with MDF or furniture-board parts. I really don't know much about cabinets.
With your budget you can probably upgrade to prefinished units if you don't want to do the finish/installation work. You just want to look closely at the quality of hinges and drawer slides. My preference for hinges are the 35mm cup type. Try to abuse the floor model at the home center or kitchen store to see if it holds up.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!