choosing kitchen cabinets
I need to choose new cabinets for my kitchen but cannot afford custom cabinets. I have seen a line of stock and semi-custom cabinets made by Shrock and also one by KraftMaid. I can afford to spend about $5500. should I choose all plywood cabinets or ones with MDF or furniture-board parts. I really don't know much about cabinets.
With your budget you can probably upgrade to prefinished units if you don't want to do the finish/installation work. You just want to look closely at the quality of hinges and drawer slides. My preference for hinges are the 35mm cup type. Try to abuse the floor model at the home center or kitchen store to see if it holds up.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight