what is the typical finished height of a breakfast bar?
You might want to check out www.am-wood.com and look in their archives they have plans for a breakfast bar there.
It should depend on your personal parameters. How tall are the people who will be using it? How tall are the chairs or stools you will use at the bar? Do you want to use standard off the shelf cabinet bases or custom units? Do you want a bi-level breakfast bar which hides the clutter on the other side? How will the bar height relate to other parts of your kitchen? Do you want to store anything in particular underneath the breakfast bar? etc....
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects