what is the typical finished height of a breakfast bar?
You might want to check out www.am-wood.com and look in their archives they have plans for a breakfast bar there.
It should depend on your personal parameters. How tall are the people who will be using it? How tall are the chairs or stools you will use at the bar? Do you want to use standard off the shelf cabinet bases or custom units? Do you want a bi-level breakfast bar which hides the clutter on the other side? How will the bar height relate to other parts of your kitchen? Do you want to store anything in particular underneath the breakfast bar? etc....
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING