Does anyone know how much refacing existing cabinets should be in relation to installing all new cabinets? I am in the process of getting bids and was curious. I have heard a few horror stories about refacing being more than new would have been. Thanks.
If the cabinets are in excellent condition and are of good quality-reface them- cheaper. But if the cabinets aren't so great replacing them is the better option. Some companies will allow you to do both. Either way it's going to cost money. To reface a typical 10x10 kitchen layout it runs between 800-1200. Depending on what look you are going for. New cabinets somewhere around 1800-and up!!! Plus with refacing- you don't loose your kitchen.
remodeling our first property
aging finish on cabinets
Milgard, Anlin, Simonton, or Brothers for window and...
What comes first with new cabinets?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!