Does anyone know how much refacing existing cabinets should be in relation to installing all new cabinets? I am in the process of getting bids and was curious. I have heard a few horror stories about refacing being more than new would have been. Thanks.
If the cabinets are in excellent condition and are of good quality-reface them- cheaper. But if the cabinets aren't so great replacing them is the better option. Some companies will allow you to do both. Either way it's going to cost money. To reface a typical 10x10 kitchen layout it runs between 800-1200. Depending on what look you are going for. New cabinets somewhere around 1800-and up!!! Plus with refacing- you don't loose your kitchen.
remodeling our first property
aging finish on cabinets
Milgard, Anlin, Simonton, or Brothers for window and...
What comes first with new cabinets?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects