I'm looking for a product I've seen several
years ago which is applied to walls so kids
(or anyone) can thumbtack stuff on walls without making holes. It was 12" squares, maybe 3/4" - 1" thick. I want to cover an area approx. 4 x 8 in each of my boys rooms.
Hi sailorsarewe, the product you're referring to is available at most home centers and hardware stores, it's dark brown in color and is 12"x12"x3/4". Considering the large area that you're wanting cover you might want to buy regular corkboard (tan color), which comes in rolls and is 3'wide by 3/8" thick (not sure of the length but probably 6'-8'). The individual 12x12 squares do not hold the tacks as well as the regular corkboard due to it being pressed together large chunks of cork. The rolls are a finer material and hold the tacks much better. Good luck!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!