Just purchased a gel alcohol fireplace. It looks and works great and is vent free and small for easy installation. The fire and ceramic logs are realistic looking and throw enough heat to warm a chilly room. I've tried 3 brands of fuel (Sunsor,Real Flame & Alco-brite), however, and all have a bit of an odor when burning. Everything I've read indicates that it's ventless use is safe,uses about as much oxygen as 1 burner on a gas stove and only emits as much carbon dioxide and water vapor as a person breathing. Is there anyway to reduce the odor? Would partial venting work? Is there any way without producing smoke or carbon monoxide to at least make it smell a bit like a wood fire? Anyone know how this fuel is made?