I want to hang some paintings on my apartment walls, but based on my bad experience with an additional towel rack in bathroom I thought I'd ask for help. How do you hang picture in "drywall?" or "plaster" (I'm not sure which), so that it doesn't crumble and the screws or nails don't fall out.
Best choice is to find a stud and use that. If you can't do that, there are many specialty devices for hanging stuff on walls available at your local hardware store. First, though, determine if the wall is drywall or plaster. If it's drywall, you can use a toggle bolt or other device that goes throught the drywall and pulls tight from the back. For plaster, you'll need a different style connector.
Insulation in exterior walls
Water in the Walls
insulation in the walls
hanging pictures with plaster and concrete firewall ...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes