I want to hang some paintings on my apartment walls, but based on my bad experience with an additional towel rack in bathroom I thought I'd ask for help. How do you hang picture in "drywall?" or "plaster" (I'm not sure which), so that it doesn't crumble and the screws or nails don't fall out.
Best choice is to find a stud and use that. If you can't do that, there are many specialty devices for hanging stuff on walls available at your local hardware store. First, though, determine if the wall is drywall or plaster. If it's drywall, you can use a toggle bolt or other device that goes throught the drywall and pulls tight from the back. For plaster, you'll need a different style connector.
insulation in the walls
Water in the Walls
Insulation in exterior walls
hanging pictures with plaster and concrete firewall ...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight