I want to hang some paintings on my apartment walls, but based on my bad experience with an additional towel rack in bathroom I thought I'd ask for help. How do you hang picture in "drywall?" or "plaster" (I'm not sure which), so that it doesn't crumble and the screws or nails don't fall out.
Best choice is to find a stud and use that. If you can't do that, there are many specialty devices for hanging stuff on walls available at your local hardware store. First, though, determine if the wall is drywall or plaster. If it's drywall, you can use a toggle bolt or other device that goes throught the drywall and pulls tight from the back. For plaster, you'll need a different style connector.
Insulation in exterior walls
Water in the Walls
insulation in the walls
hanging pictures with plaster and concrete firewall ...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!