What is the best way to do cabinet stripping? Has anyone had experience with this?
Hi, yes some people who post here have done cabinet stripping, but they'll probably want to know what the cabinets are made of before giving advice. Can you give more description?
I just recently attempted to strip a cabinet door, wanting to know what type of wood I'm dealing with. I used the gel type. You have to apply a layer of it for each layer of paint that was applied. By the time I hit bottom, it was apparent the wood is not of the quality that I would care to bother stripping the rest. Matter of fact, I never hit bare wood - someone told me this could be a clue that it was cheap wood. So for now, I'm *painting*!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips