What is the best way to do cabinet stripping? Has anyone had experience with this?
Hi, yes some people who post here have done cabinet stripping, but they'll probably want to know what the cabinets are made of before giving advice. Can you give more description?
I just recently attempted to strip a cabinet door, wanting to know what type of wood I'm dealing with. I used the gel type. You have to apply a layer of it for each layer of paint that was applied. By the time I hit bottom, it was apparent the wood is not of the quality that I would care to bother stripping the rest. Matter of fact, I never hit bare wood - someone told me this could be a clue that it was cheap wood. So for now, I'm *painting*!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects