What is the best way to do cabinet stripping? Has anyone had experience with this?
Hi, yes some people who post here have done cabinet stripping, but they'll probably want to know what the cabinets are made of before giving advice. Can you give more description?
I just recently attempted to strip a cabinet door, wanting to know what type of wood I'm dealing with. I used the gel type. You have to apply a layer of it for each layer of paint that was applied. By the time I hit bottom, it was apparent the wood is not of the quality that I would care to bother stripping the rest. Matter of fact, I never hit bare wood - someone told me this could be a clue that it was cheap wood. So for now, I'm *painting*!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!