decorating and refurnishing old house
You have many options.
Go to the library and talk to the Librarian. You can try your local Preservation Society or Historical Society. How 'bout talking to some of your new neighbors??? Also, keep your eye on the newspaper or 'TownTalk' for meetings of groups that might be into this type of 'thing'.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
Looking for copy of "This Old House" First Episode
This Old House T-Shirt
Siding instead of paint for 100-yr-old house???
Wanted: First episode ever of "This Old House"
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 “Stone Sober” Household Uses for Liquor
- 10 Plant Containers to Make with Everyday Items
- 15 Spring Home Maintenance Musts
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Easy Ways to Revitalize Outdoor Furniture
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Wow-Worthy Window Films: 11 Top Picks
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Air Quality
- 10 Ingenious Home Uses for Baking Soda