Well, there are washable paints that only need warm water and dish detergent to clean them. At the same time, there are homemade 'remidies' that can clean things like crayon off the walls.
Don't frett - Small children eventually grow up. In my home, we have this theory: As long as you clean the walls, they'll get dirty. BUT, if you wait long enough, the kids learn to speak and listen, thus, this 'problem' ends up fixing itself. Soooo, what's the theory??? DON'T do anything 'really nice' to the house until the kids grow up (a little.) (You can do a paint job now BUT I WOULDN'T get new carpets or furniture just yet. Remember, small children tend to 'ruin things'.)
Welcome to the club!!! Visit your local Paint Retailer (found in the YELLOW PAGES under PAINT - RETAIL) for paint and advice.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes