Well, there are washable paints that only need warm water and dish detergent to clean them. At the same time, there are homemade 'remidies' that can clean things like crayon off the walls.
Don't frett - Small children eventually grow up. In my home, we have this theory: As long as you clean the walls, they'll get dirty. BUT, if you wait long enough, the kids learn to speak and listen, thus, this 'problem' ends up fixing itself. Soooo, what's the theory??? DON'T do anything 'really nice' to the house until the kids grow up (a little.) (You can do a paint job now BUT I WOULDN'T get new carpets or furniture just yet. Remember, small children tend to 'ruin things'.)
Welcome to the club!!! Visit your local Paint Retailer (found in the YELLOW PAGES under PAINT - RETAIL) for paint and advice.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight