Need help with wheelchair accessible bathroom
I am a spinal cord injured individual and confined to a wheelchair. I currently live in NYC, but am building a home in Hobe Sound, FL. I have special requirements with regards to bathroom space (roll-in shower, wheelchair accesible vanity and sink, and accessible toilet area). I am looking for any and all help to properly design a bathroom that will help meet my needs. Would you be interested in helping someone like myself to build a wheelchair accessible home? Even if you are not interested in the entire home project, I would greatly appreciate any help and input on the bathroom design. This is extremely important to my needs in life, and it would be reassuring to have someone of your knowledge to guide us through. Please contact me at email@example.com as soon as possible, for this project needs to get started. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Sincerely, Walter Rynasko
Real quick answer - BEFORE you get too far, you might want to contact the ADA for advice on the ENTIRE house; not just the bathroom. Your situation is beyond the bathroom as well.
Even if you're OK w/the rest of the house, now is the time to 'check' yourself. Later, well ..., it could be too late.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight