Need help with wheelchair accessible bathroom
I am a spinal cord injured individual and confined to a wheelchair. I currently live in NYC, but am building a home in Hobe Sound, FL. I have special requirements with regards to bathroom space (roll-in shower, wheelchair accesible vanity and sink, and accessible toilet area). I am looking for any and all help to properly design a bathroom that will help meet my needs. Would you be interested in helping someone like myself to build a wheelchair accessible home? Even if you are not interested in the entire home project, I would greatly appreciate any help and input on the bathroom design. This is extremely important to my needs in life, and it would be reassuring to have someone of your knowledge to guide us through. Please contact me at [email protected] as soon as possible, for this project needs to get started. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Sincerely, Walter Rynasko
Real quick answer - BEFORE you get too far, you might want to contact the ADA for advice on the ENTIRE house; not just the bathroom. Your situation is beyond the bathroom as well.
Even if you're OK w/the rest of the house, now is the time to 'check' yourself. Later, well ..., it could be too late.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes