Need help with wheelchair accessible bathroom
I am a spinal cord injured individual and confined to a wheelchair. I currently live in NYC, but am building a home in Hobe Sound, FL. I have special requirements with regards to bathroom space (roll-in shower, wheelchair accesible vanity and sink, and accessible toilet area). I am looking for any and all help to properly design a bathroom that will help meet my needs. Would you be interested in helping someone like myself to build a wheelchair accessible home? Even if you are not interested in the entire home project, I would greatly appreciate any help and input on the bathroom design. This is extremely important to my needs in life, and it would be reassuring to have someone of your knowledge to guide us through. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, for this project needs to get started. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Sincerely, Walter Rynasko
Real quick answer - BEFORE you get too far, you might want to contact the ADA for advice on the ENTIRE house; not just the bathroom. Your situation is beyond the bathroom as well.
Even if you're OK w/the rest of the house, now is the time to 'check' yourself. Later, well ..., it could be too late.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!