Need help with wheelchair accessible bathroom
I am a spinal cord injured individual and confined to a wheelchair. I currently live in NYC, but am building a home in Hobe Sound, FL. I have special requirements with regards to bathroom space (roll-in shower, wheelchair accesible vanity and sink, and accessible toilet area). I am looking for any and all help to properly design a bathroom that will help meet my needs. Would you be interested in helping someone like myself to build a wheelchair accessible home? Even if you are not interested in the entire home project, I would greatly appreciate any help and input on the bathroom design. This is extremely important to my needs in life, and it would be reassuring to have someone of your knowledge to guide us through. Please contact me at [email protected] as soon as possible, for this project needs to get started. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Sincerely, Walter Rynasko
Real quick answer - BEFORE you get too far, you might want to contact the ADA for advice on the ENTIRE house; not just the bathroom. Your situation is beyond the bathroom as well.
Even if you're OK w/the rest of the house, now is the time to 'check' yourself. Later, well ..., it could be too late.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!