Arm Chair Molding
1) Cut your molding to length.
2) Mark the wall where the studs are AND where the molding is going to go.
3) With the help of a friend (which is easiest, 'level' the molding on the wall where you want to place it, and lightly put pencil marks UNDER it (on the wall) to indicate where it's level.
4) Then, pre-drill the center of the molding to the wall and 'loosely' nail into place (enough so it can still 'pivot' on the nail.
5) Then, do both ends as in Step 4.
6) Then, do the same as Step 4 wherever there are studs.
7) With a Nail-set, finish hammering the nails into the molding (and out of sight, about 1/8" deep.)
Hopefully, this is a good plan. The key is to mark your studs, and install a level mold. If you're staining or painting, it's best to do the pre-drilling BEFORE you do this. That way, it's easier to work with when it's NOT on the wall.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
Installing Chair rail and crown molding on metal studs
Vaulted ceiling trim problems
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs