Arm Chair Molding
1) Cut your molding to length.
2) Mark the wall where the studs are AND where the molding is going to go.
3) With the help of a friend (which is easiest, 'level' the molding on the wall where you want to place it, and lightly put pencil marks UNDER it (on the wall) to indicate where it's level.
4) Then, pre-drill the center of the molding to the wall and 'loosely' nail into place (enough so it can still 'pivot' on the nail.
5) Then, do both ends as in Step 4.
6) Then, do the same as Step 4 wherever there are studs.
7) With a Nail-set, finish hammering the nails into the molding (and out of sight, about 1/8" deep.)
Hopefully, this is a good plan. The key is to mark your studs, and install a level mold. If you're staining or painting, it's best to do the pre-drilling BEFORE you do this. That way, it's easier to work with when it's NOT on the wall.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
Installing Chair rail and crown molding on metal studs
Vaulted ceiling trim problems
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Furniture Makeovers: 10 Total DIY Do-Overs
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them