Arm Chair Molding
1) Cut your molding to length.
2) Mark the wall where the studs are AND where the molding is going to go.
3) With the help of a friend (which is easiest, 'level' the molding on the wall where you want to place it, and lightly put pencil marks UNDER it (on the wall) to indicate where it's level.
4) Then, pre-drill the center of the molding to the wall and 'loosely' nail into place (enough so it can still 'pivot' on the nail.
5) Then, do both ends as in Step 4.
6) Then, do the same as Step 4 wherever there are studs.
7) With a Nail-set, finish hammering the nails into the molding (and out of sight, about 1/8" deep.)
Hopefully, this is a good plan. The key is to mark your studs, and install a level mold. If you're staining or painting, it's best to do the pre-drilling BEFORE you do this. That way, it's easier to work with when it's NOT on the wall.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
Installing Chair rail and crown molding on metal studs
Vaulted ceiling trim problems
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 11 Ways to Dress Up Your Dresser
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Make Your Own Bookcase: 10 DIY Designs