gypsum wainscoting ?
Has anyone used the product?
How did the project turn out?
Would you recommend it?
Cost comparison to fiberboard or wood products?
I can understand that you want as much 'exposure' of your question as is possible. Duplicate postings don't 'afford' you the benefit of multiple Pros 'talking back and forth' with each other. With that, I've enclosed the link of your duplicate post.
I suggest (to the Follow-uppers) that the ABOVE link be used for threading.
With regards to your question, why wouldn't you just use Wainscoating where Wainscoating 'makes sense'? It can be used for specific purposes and, hence, 'rule out' other materials. YOu could use solid wood but you'd have to custom-mill the pieces. As for fiberboard, I'd skip it completely.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -MOderator
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- How to Make Concrete Letters
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps