gypsum wainscoting ?
Has anyone used the product?
How did the project turn out?
Would you recommend it?
Cost comparison to fiberboard or wood products?
I can understand that you want as much 'exposure' of your question as is possible. Duplicate postings don't 'afford' you the benefit of multiple Pros 'talking back and forth' with each other. With that, I've enclosed the link of your duplicate post.
I suggest (to the Follow-uppers) that the ABOVE link be used for threading.
With regards to your question, why wouldn't you just use Wainscoating where Wainscoating 'makes sense'? It can be used for specific purposes and, hence, 'rule out' other materials. YOu could use solid wood but you'd have to custom-mill the pieces. As for fiberboard, I'd skip it completely.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -MOderator
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers