gypsum wainscoting ?
Has anyone used the product?
How did the project turn out?
Would you recommend it?
Cost comparison to fiberboard or wood products?
I can understand that you want as much 'exposure' of your question as is possible. Duplicate postings don't 'afford' you the benefit of multiple Pros 'talking back and forth' with each other. With that, I've enclosed the link of your duplicate post.
I suggest (to the Follow-uppers) that the ABOVE link be used for threading.
With regards to your question, why wouldn't you just use Wainscoating where Wainscoating 'makes sense'? It can be used for specific purposes and, hence, 'rule out' other materials. YOu could use solid wood but you'd have to custom-mill the pieces. As for fiberboard, I'd skip it completely.
RE: Gypsum Wainscoating (good luck): Try these Suppliers Gypsum Mfgrs. Paper, Plaster, and Wainscoating
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -MOderator
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects