gypsum wainscoting ?
Has anyone used the product?
How did the project turn out?
Would you recommend it?
Cost comparison to fiberboard or wood products?
I can understand that you want as much 'exposure' of your question as is possible. Duplicate postings don't 'afford' you the benefit of multiple Pros 'talking back and forth' with each other. With that, I've enclosed the link of your duplicate post.
I suggest (to the Follow-uppers) that the ABOVE link be used for threading.
With regards to your question, why wouldn't you just use Wainscoating where Wainscoating 'makes sense'? It can be used for specific purposes and, hence, 'rule out' other materials. YOu could use solid wood but you'd have to custom-mill the pieces. As for fiberboard, I'd skip it completely.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -MOderator
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide