gypsum wainscoting ?
Has anyone used the product?
How did the project turn out?
Would you recommend it?
Cost comparison to fiberboard or wood products?
I can understand that you want as much 'exposure' of your question as is possible. Duplicate postings don't 'afford' you the benefit of multiple Pros 'talking back and forth' with each other. With that, I've enclosed the link of your duplicate post.
I suggest (to the Follow-uppers) that the ABOVE link be used for threading.
With regards to your question, why wouldn't you just use Wainscoating where Wainscoating 'makes sense'? It can be used for specific purposes and, hence, 'rule out' other materials. YOu could use solid wood but you'd have to custom-mill the pieces. As for fiberboard, I'd skip it completely.
RE: Gypsum Wainscoating (good luck): Try these Suppliers Gypsum Mfgrs. Paper, Plaster, and Wainscoating
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -MOderator
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love