Can you dye or color white dirty looking grout if it has no sealer on it?
floor or wall grout sanded or non sanded. wall grout it would be just as easy to scrape with grout removal tool and regrout with desired color.floor grout is tougher and would be time consuming but the same process sould be used as most grouts today have sealers in them already. another alternative is to get a comercial type grout cleaner and clean the grout but follow directions
Muriatic acid is great for cleaning wall or floor grout - but follow the instructions exactly as it is acid and can be dangerous.
As stated in one of the responses, muriatic acid can be dangerous, so you may want to try something safer if you really just want the grout to look white again. If so, try SNAP Cream Scouring Cleanser from our 'Home Care Store' at www.shopEZ.unfranchise.com. If you want to use the Muriactic Acid, you should check out ClearShield from the 'Personal Care Store' at www.shopEZ.unfranchise.com. This product is used in our lab at work to protect people from caustic acids, muriatic acid, sulfuric acid, etc. I've someone demonstrate it by pouring muriactic acid on his hands while holding tin foil. The tin foil disintegrated and his hands were fine! Still be careful and use as directed. Good luck.
Best way to clean grout?
barnboard floors that need grout repair
removing grout /plaster mixture from face brick in k...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 11 Ways to Dress Up Your Dresser
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Make Your Own Bookcase: 10 DIY Designs