The paint on my treated cedar deck will not hold longer than 6 months. Any suggestions?
First off, I wouldn't recommend paint on a wooden surface like a deck.
Use Stain, It will penetrate into the wood, where as paint just lies on the surface.
Hope this helps.....
If you want a painted look on your deck switch to a solid color stain and make sure it is made for decking or add some mineral spirits to the stain which will help thin and pentrate the deck but at the most this will also only last up tp 3 years or little longer.Alot of lasting depends on how much use it get's and how abused it gets.
Removing paint on deck
Peeling Paint on Deck
Paint on Garage Windows
Need help removing paint on 111 yr. old wood siding
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers