The paint on my treated cedar deck will not hold longer than 6 months. Any suggestions?
First off, I wouldn't recommend paint on a wooden surface like a deck.
Use Stain, It will penetrate into the wood, where as paint just lies on the surface.
Hope this helps.....
If you want a painted look on your deck switch to a solid color stain and make sure it is made for decking or add some mineral spirits to the stain which will help thin and pentrate the deck but at the most this will also only last up tp 3 years or little longer.Alot of lasting depends on how much use it get's and how abused it gets.
Removing paint on deck
Peeling Paint on Deck
Paint on Garage Windows
Need help removing paint on 111 yr. old wood siding
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!