The paint on my treated cedar deck will not hold longer than 6 months. Any suggestions?
First off, I wouldn't recommend paint on a wooden surface like a deck.
Use Stain, It will penetrate into the wood, where as paint just lies on the surface.
Hope this helps.....
If you want a painted look on your deck switch to a solid color stain and make sure it is made for decking or add some mineral spirits to the stain which will help thin and pentrate the deck but at the most this will also only last up tp 3 years or little longer.Alot of lasting depends on how much use it get's and how abused it gets.
Removing paint on deck
Peeling Paint on Deck
Paint on Garage Windows
Need help removing paint on 111 yr. old wood siding
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects Anyone Can Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 9 "Killer" Ways to Eliminate Weeds
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- Designers Reveal Today's Top 10 Bath Remodeling Trends
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight